Volunteer Opportunities for Companies or Groups
Thank you for your interest in bringing your group to the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia (HSNEGA) to volunteer. Please see below for some of the ways your group can help save lives at HSNEGA!
Group Volunteering Opportunities
- Host a fundraiser/donation drive (click HERE for our wish list)
- Make animal enrichment items/treats onsite
- Assist with animal socialization
- Volunteer at an HSNEGA event
- Donate/help with landscape projects (mulch, flowers etc.)
- Small building projects (i.e. build elevated cot-style dog/cat beds and cat towers)
- Stuff HSNEGA information packets – great opportunity for volunteers under 18 years old!
Please note, not all of the group volunteering opportunities require you to be onsite at HSNEGA.
- Groups should consist of no more than 12 participants, not including chaperones.
- Children must be at least 8 years old and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times with 1 adult for every 6 children ages 8-13. For groups ages 14-17, there should be at least 1 adult/chaperone.
- A 2-hour minimum commitment is required.
- Please dress accordingly. Volunteer work can be physical at times and/or done outside, rain or shine. Closed-toed shoes are required if you are handling animals.
- Please make arrangements at least 2 weeks in advance of your desired date. HSNEGA operates under minimal staffing and not all dates will be available.
- Each member of the group will need to complete and submit HSNEGA’s volunteer waiver to the Volunteer Coordinator. Children under 18 must have their parent/guardian sign their waiver.
- Animal socialization will require training by an HSNEGA team member. For more information contact our Volunteer Coordinator at Outreach@HSNEGA.org.
Submit your group volunteer request today!
We’re happy to give your group a tour when you come to drop off your work or before you begin! Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at Outreach.org or 770-532-6617 ext. 243 to schedule your tour.
Thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. We couldn’t do our lifesaving work without you!
Give with Confidence
At HSNEGA, we want to remember the amazing rescues that come to stay with us. All of the animals pictured on this site have been with us at some point. Some have already found their forever homes, but some may still be here at HSNEGA! The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization (Federal Tax ID #58-0678817) and has received top recognition from the following charity rating organizations: