Volunteer Opportunities for Companies or Groups
Thank you for your interest in bringing your group to the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia (HSNEGA) to volunteer. Occasionally, we have special projects that arise in which we need extra hands. We love enlisting groups to help with tasks such as:
- Small building projects
- Stuffing HSNEGA information packets for events and education programs
- Working fundraising or adoption events (both on and off-site)
- Assisting with animal socialization
Please note: Volunteers who help us with animal socialization go through extensive training and make monthly commitments to a volunteer position. If you are interested in helping in this way, please read more about volunteering at HSNEGA.
If your group is interested in volunteering at HSNEGA:
- We request that your group consist of at least 5 and no more than 12 participants, not including chaperones.
- Any children in the group should be at least 8 years old and must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. We ask that you have 1 adult for every 6 children ages 8-13. For groups ages 14-17, there should be at least 1 adult/chaperone.
- Please commit to volunteering at least 2 hours considering the time and effort it takes to coordinate a group activity.
- Please dress accordingly. Volunteer work can be physical at times and/or done outside, rain or shine.
- We request that you make arrangements at least 2 weeks in advance of your desired date. HSNEGA operates under minimal staffing and not all dates will be available.
- Each member of the group will need to complete and submit HSNEGA’s volunteer waiver to the Volunteer Coordinator. Note: Children under 18 must have their parent/guardian’s signature on this waiver.
Due to limited space on-site and limited need in the areas listed above, we cannot always accommodate volunteer groups at HSNEGA. In the event that we don’t have any current projects, please consider one of our off-site options. Some of these options include:
- Hosting your own fundraiser or charity drive (you can find our wish list HERE)
- Building a dog house or cat tree to donate
- Making animal enrichment toys and/or treats
We’re always happy to give your group a tour when you come to drop-off your work or before you begin! Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at KGarrand@HSNEGA.org or 770-532-6617 ext. 230 to schedule your tour.
Thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. We couldn’t do our lifesaving work without you!
Give with Confidence
At HSNEGA, we want to remember the amazing rescues that come to stay with us. All of the animals pictured on this site have been with us at some point. Some have already found their forever homes, but some may still be here at HSNEGA! The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization (Federal Tax ID #58-0678817) and has received top recognition from the following charity rating organizations: