Court-Ordered Community Service
The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia is able to accommodate those seeking to fulfill court-ordered community service. Court-ordered community service volunteers are not permitted to work directly with the animals. However, the duties that they perform support the animals by keeping our facility and equipment clean and sanitary. Community service workers provide an invaluable service to the HSNEGA and keep our shelter running more efficiently.
See general information on Community Service workers at the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia below. Community Service workers must:
Provide court documents explaining convictions, including the parole officer’s name and number, and DOC number (if applicable)
- Be 18 years or older
- Be able to follow directions under staff supervision
- Be forthcoming with the nature of their offense
- Be able to perform a variety of physical labor without any limitations such as injuries to the back or knees.
- Report for work Monday-Sunday at 7:30 am. Late arrivals may be turned away.
- Work assignments are not open for discussion. You must perform the assigned duty or leave.
- A minimum of four (4) hours per day is required with the option of working a maximum of ten (10) hours.
- We do not schedule workers. We accept the first five who are here at 7:30 am.
- Workers must bring a timesheet provided by the court system along with a photo ID
- Workers cannot leave the building until they are signing out for the day. If staying all day, a refrigerator and microwave are available for your use so please plan accordingly.
Individuals with the following convictions are not eligible to perform community service at the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia:
- Any sexual offense of any nature
- Any animal-related offense of any nature
- No more than one conviction of theft/burglary/robbery or any charge related to possession or trafficking of drugs, forgery or fraud
- No more than one assault conviction. Convictions of assault in the first or second degree, even only one, are not allowed.
Please note: HSNEGA reserves the right to refuse a Court-Ordered community service volunteer for any reason.
Give with Confidence
At HSNEGA, we want to remember the amazing rescues that come to stay with us. All of the animals pictured on this site have been with us at some point. Some have already found their forever homes, but some may still be here at HSNEGA! The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization (Federal Tax ID #58-0678817) and has received top recognition from the following charity rating organizations: