Holiday Cookie Recipe for Santa PAWs!
COOKIES! Everyone loves them… Especially Santa PAWS! Here is a quick and easy recipe for PET SAFE holiday cookies so that your pups can leave them out the night before Christmas. We won’t tell Santa PAWS if they eat a few too!
- 2 Cups of Fresh Sweet Potato Puree
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Oats
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and cube two medium sweet potatoes and bring to a boil in pot of water. Reduce to low and simmer approximately 15-20 minutes or until soft. Drain cooked potatoes and puree using blender or food processor.
- In small bowl, stir together the flour, oats, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the egg, sweet potato and peanut butter until combined. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pour onto a floured surface and roll dough out to 1/4 – 3/8 thick. Cut out using Christmas cookie cutter. The dough will be a little sticky, dust your hands and the rolling pin with a little flour to help!
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Place on cooling racks and let cool thoroughly. They will harden as they cool.
We hope you and your furry companions have a blast making these delicious treats!
Want to make a delicious DOG FRIENDLY 2 ingredient icing to decorate your pup’s cookies with? Visit https://youtu.be/hcK6ym36Lv0 for the recipe!
Give with Confidence
At HSNEGA, we want to remember the amazing rescues that come to stay with us. All of the animals pictured on this site have been with us at some point. Some have already found their forever homes, but some may still be here at HSNEGA! The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization (Federal Tax ID #58-0678817) and has received top recognition from the following charity rating organizations: